Yes, It’s September Already!
Whew! The summer has flown by and September has arrived! We have lots of information to share, wonderful opportunities to serve, new partners to introduce…and of course some smokin’ hot deals for card-carrying Moxie Moms!
Read ahead, catch the latest news, and enjoy a brand new month of savvy savings!
And while your at it, take advantage of membership savings! New and returning Moxie Moms can save $10 on membership with coupon code septmoxie!
Cheers and happy shopping! ~ Susan Lavelle, Founder
Meet Our Newest Partners!
New Partner — CrossFit Beat
Women’s Only Program
We’re excited to announce one of our newest partners: Crossfit Beat! They’re an inclusive gym of all ages and abilities that helps you set and achieve your personal goals in a safe and supportive environment
Starting Monday, Sept. 11, they’re introducing a Women’s Only Program! at 9 a.m. They can modify for every level, so you don’t have to be in shape to start! We encourage you to check out details about the program on their site. Moxie Mom members will receive a 15% discount on drop-ins and ALL month-long membership options, including their Foundations program!
Contact Claire to learn more about joining an inclusive and supportive community of awesome women!
New Partner — Alfonso, Brooks, Lev-Ary & Co. – Cloud-Based Accounting
Alfonso, Brooks, Lev-Ary & Co. offers accounting and tax advisory services that gives you freedom and peace of mind!
Through Cloud-Based Accounting, they liberate you from the tedious task of running your accounting department and work as your in-house and external accountant. This frees you to focus on what truly matters—applying your energy and entrepreneurial vision to growing your businesses!
Alfonso, Brooks, Lev-Ary & Co. is your 24/7 Business Advisor and pays attention to your business year around at a fixed, affordable monthly fee.
New Partner — FlexJobs
Life is flexible…but is your job? Save time, energy, and stress in your job search by accessing the biggest hand-screened database of flexible jobs — plus expert skill tests, member savings offers, and more — for as low as $7.50 for a month!
Just use promo code LABOR when prompted on the billing page to take advantage of the savings.
Take advantage of the Labor Day promo, which is one of FlexJobs’ deepest discounts! Users can save up to 50% off any FlexJobs subscription Friday 9/1 through Monday 9/4.
$7.50 for a month — 50% off!
$17.95 for 3 months — 40% off!
$34.95 for a year — 30% off!
New Partner — Mindset for Success
Mindset For Success is proud to be a NEW Moxie Mom partner offering you your own personal trainer from the comfort of your own home or workspace. You can benefit from this simple, accessible tool filled with practical strategies for building resilience, bringing calm into your space and bringing a personal trainer to you.
Join Susanne Menge for eight weeks of personal training and empowerment delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday. Receive a mental, physical and emotional reboot ten minutes a day. A workbook is mailed to you and supports your training program with reflections and journaling exercises, and participants receive three LIVE video sessions with the Founder of Mindset For Success, Susanne Menge, a certified Personal Trainer, Health Coach and former professional athlete.
WHO HAS TIME TO GO UP ON THE MOUNTAIN TOP AND MEDITATE?
What if you could have a personal trainer visit you at your desk, office or wherever you are to bring calm into your day? What if that personal trainer could offer you an opportunity to find calm, a chance to decompress and increase your focus to be more productive? You can have all of this by saying YES to YOU!
Mindset For Success was developed to bring personal training, meditation and decompression strategies…to you on your time, wherever you are. These practices can help you regain focus, regain mental strength and improve your productivity… anywhere, anytime.
You can benefit from this simple, accessible tool filled with practical strategies for building resilience, bringing calm into your space and bringing a personal trainer to you.
WE SWEAT SO YOU CAN SHINE
DesignInk Boulder, a full-service integrated digital strategy agency produced this 8 week program to support the health and well-being of you and your company. We sweat so you can shine. For more information about the distribution of this program and additional benefits contact the DesignInk Team.
News You Can Use!
Joan Laubacher Massage & Skin Care
Topic: What happens to our skin through the decades?
By Joan Laubacher
Our bodies have five vital organs in our body: the brain, heart, kidneys, liver and lungs. But the largest organ we have is our skin and it actively communicates with us. As a sensory organ, we are able to discern heat and cold or a bee sting. As a physical barrier, skin protects us from germs, airborne particles or too much sunlight. I recently read an informative Skindeep article by Lydia Sarfati entitled “Stopping the Clock, Antiaging treatments and care for clients of every age” which profiles skin through the decades. I’d like to share some key insights and recommendations with Moxie Mom members.
Skin Through the Decades
- • In your 20’s, you’ll start to see evidence of sun damage from your childhood as well as the role hormones play in your skin’s appearance. One of the key ingredients suggested is seaweed due to its hydrating and antioxidant properties. This is also the main ingredient in my Active Skin Facials.
- • In your 30’s, you’ll start to see a slow down in cell turnover, but wrinkles have not made their appearance. During this decade, it’s important to address early signs of aging skin with improved moisture balance and proper cleansing.
- • In your 40’s, the natural oil of your skin, sebum, is reduced and your skin begins to thicken. Your “expression” lines become more prominent. Gentle, regular exfoliation is helpful, along with encouraging the skin’s moisture balance. All of my facials include an enzyme mask with honey, for its antimicrobial and hydrating powers, and fruit enzymes, to revitalize your face.
- • In your 50’s, expect hormonal changes to again have an impact, resulting in breakouts and potential age spots. Moisturizing with ingredients like Kukui Nut Oil and rosehip seed oil help nourish your skin.
- • In your 60’s and beyond, the article states “the effects of intrinsic aging versus environmental aging are now visible” and genetic predispositions become more evident. An important focus here goes to eye care to help control puffy or dark circles from taking over your appearance.
Lastly, I’ll end with an incredible story from a client of mine who comes once a month for a facial. After her first facial with me, she was looking for a new skin care regimen and began using the product line (Lily Farm Fresh) at home. She went into Sephora to purchase some cosmetics, and Sephora has a moisture meter that reacts to your skin to produce a “moisture rating” of either low (dry or dehydrated skin) to high (nicely hydrated). The retail employee said she regularly meters between 50-60. My client registered at 99%! They had never seen anyone with such high moisture readings in their store. This could be you!
Can You Help?
There With Care Seeking Donations
Moxie Moms, here’s a chance to do some good for the community! There With Care’s mission is to provide a wide range of thoughtful and fundamental services to children and families during the critical phase of a medical crisis.
- • Very Gently Used or New Baby Clothing: Sizes 0-12 Months
- • One-Piece Baby Sleepers: Sizes 0-12 Months
- • Infant Blankets
Immediate & Ongoing Need:
- • Diapers Size: Newborn, 3,4,5,6
- • Pull-Ups Size: 3T-4T & 4T-5T
- • Baby Wipes
- • Note: We are over-stocked on size 1 & 2 diapers.
Not Quite As Urgent:
- • Baby Bath Toys
- • Baby Bibs
- • Baby Grooming Kits
- • Pacifiers
- • Teething Toys
- • Soft Baby Toys
- • Baby Lotion
- • Baby Shampoo
- • Baby Wash
Drop items by the There With Care office at 2825 Wilderness Place, Suite 100.
Fleet Feet — Coach With Us
Elementary School XC Coaches Wanted!
The Boulder Mountain Lions Cross Country Program is back on again and looking for coaches for the elementary schools below. No experience is necessary, you just need to be an awesome volunteer!!
The program runs from Monday, September 11 through Saturday, October 21 with training twice a week for 1 hr each. There are also 2 XC meets: Saturday, September 30 and Saturday, October 21 at Nevin Platt Middle School – 8:30AM – 11:30AM.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- • Coal Creek Tue & Thur / 2:35PM-3:35PM
- • Columbine Tue & Thur / 3:00PM-4:00PM
- • Community Montessori Mon & Wed / 2:35PM-3:35PM
- • Eldorado Tue & Thur / 3:30PM-4:35PM
- • Horizons Mon & Wed / 3:35PM-4:35PM
- • Lafayette Tue & Thur / 2:35PM-3:35PM
- • Nederland Mon & Wed / 3:10PM-4:10PM
- • Monarch Mon & Wed / 3:35PM-4:35PM
- • Louisville Mon & Wed / 2:35PM-3:35PM
- • Superior Mon & Wed / 2:40PM-3:40PM
This week at Fleet Feet
- • Enjoy “Pace for Pints” on Monday Night at 6pm from Avery Brewery , check-in 5:30
- • Tuesday Night at 6pm, Summer Run Club from Fleet Feet
- • Thursday Night at 6pm, Summer Run Club from Fleet Feet
- • Enjoy “Moe Running, Moe Bagels” on Saturday Morning at 8am fun run from Fleet Feet, Moe’s bagels and coffee to follow.
Energize Your After School with BVSD Lifelong Learning
Code is Moxie for 10% off (non-profit discount)
Music Together ® with Jane Smolens / Mountain Song Music Studio, Inc.
Fall Classes start the week of September 18!
Mornings, evenings, Saturdays
The Boulder Piano Gallery – 3111 Walnut Street
This is a playful, yet structured, music and movement program for infants through 5 year olds and their caregivers. Contact us for free demo opportunities: Jane Smolens, Director – email@example.com
Conversation and lunch at the Rayback!
Moxie Moms and Living Room Conversations are partnering to combine good folks, good conversation, and good food. Living Room Conversations provide fun and interesting conversation guides to help people have terrific conversations, about important things, from multiple perspectives. We believe in our community and we believe there is strength in our differences. Learn more!
Thank you for joining the Moxie Moms movement!
Learn more about it on our website! Just search for Boulder, and you’ll find local businesses who honor your Moxie Moms membership card.