The Conscious Cleanse Quinoa Beet Arugula Salad
Here’s an example of the kinds of recipes you’ll be making during their Cleanse!
Quinoa Beet Arugula Salad
Yield: 2 large salads
Ingredients for the salad:
- 3 to 4 medium beets, trimmed
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 pickling cucumbers, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups water
Ingredients for the dressing:
- 2 TB. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ TB. white balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel beets with vegetable peeler and cut into ½ inch cubes. Place beets in a shallow glass baking dish, toss with a drizzle of olive oil, pinch of sea salt and some freshly ground black pepper. Cover and bake until tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- To cook quinoa, soak first for at least 20 minutes. Using a fine mesh strainer, drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a medium sized pot and add 2 cups water and a pinch of sea salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to a simmer and cook for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove quinoa from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes with the lid on. Fluff quinoa with a fork and serve. Leftover quinoa stores well in the refrigerator for several days.
- To make dressing, whisk together olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, honey, sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss arugula with a light coating of dressing. To assemble your salad, layer arugula, 1/4 to 1/2 cup warm quinoa (or more to your liking) and warm beets. Drizzle with salad dressing to taste before serving.
Sounding good so far?
Learn more about their online cleanse program here.